• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Uh oh, I took 4gm Folinic Acid anything i can do

Darn it! I feel like an airhead. I am weak shaky upset stomach kind of dizzy. Any idea on how to stabilize? I was doing better on the protocol too, but I did not know my tincture bottle and the folinic had been moved :( I have DHFR MTHFS and MTHFD. I hope I will be okay, any thought?

PeterPositive

Don't worry it's not toxic, but yeah it's a bit of a high dose, depending on how much you normally take.

400mcg a day normally. It was dark and I thought it was my chaga. Ewww, what a gross feeling. I have been nibbling on niacin for 2 days now.:redface: I am embarrassed

PeterPositive

Well then... you've taken 10 days worth of folinic :)
Just suspend it for a few days, it will be out of the system soon, with your pee.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Ride the wave! Mistakes like this are the cost of making progress, learning.

Okay all, I rode the wave! WHEEEEEEE! What a not so nice ride lol. My 2ndary reynauds came in with a roar and I was pretty dizzy for a few days but better now. Q is, and this is sort of worrisome to me, what to take now? I was told def do NOT use folinic acid (after the fact) any longer as they just found it is not good for folks who have FUT2 enzyme dysfunction. I have have a ton of mtrr mtr snps +/+ and cC677t as well as DHFR. So, should I go get a low dose 5lmthf? Where do I even find those! Crazy, the dosages. I have also heard that high dose folinic can cause Edema in some, hmmmmm