• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ubiquity and formation of chronic fatigue in qualified sportsmen

Dolphin

What it is worth, CFS is mentioned

Free full text: http://www.sportpedagogy.org.ua/html/journal/2016-03/pdf-en/16ivnfqs.pdf

UBIQUITY AND FORMATION OF CHRONIC FATIGUE IN QUALIFIED SPORTSMEN
Ilyin V.N., Alwani A.R.

National University of Physical Education and Sport of Ukraine
Abstract.

Purpose:
estimation of ubiquity of chronic fatigue among qualified sportsmen of Ukraine in different kinds
of sports and determination of specificities of chronic fatigue syndrome’s formation among them.
Material:
in the research qualified sportsmen of different kinds of sports (n=286) participated. For determination of chronic fatigue degree we used the questionnaire of Leonova.

Results:
in 104 sportsmen we registered symptoms of chronic fatigue of different degree. Among women symptoms of chronic degree were registered oftener (47.0%), than among men (29.2%). Most of chronic fatigue cases were noticed in swimming, light athletics and football. Formation of chronic fatigue was preceded by certain stages: overtiredness, over tension, over training. In 36.4% of the questioned sportsmen we registered chronic fatigue symptoms of different degree. We offered a model of chronic fatigue and syndrome of chronic fatigue formation in qualified sportsmen.

Conclusions:
progressing of sportsmen’s chronic fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome are characterized by gradual appearing of stable or relapsing significant tiredness or by quick tiredness. As a result we can observe reduction of usual activity during long period of time (more than one month).

Key words:
sportsmen, overtiredness, over tension, over training, chronic fatigue.

GhostGum

Seems professional swimming is known for health issues, burn out but also more prone to viral/respiratory problems, of course the main likely culprit being the chlorine in the water. Always made me wonder whether this was partly to blame for my onset since I was swimming daily at the time, I assume the chlorine and the byproducts it creates is not great on all levels.

msf

Let me guess, 100% of marathon runners were found to suffer from chronic fatigue?

Buhhhhhhhhhhh.