• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ubiquinol --good past exp date? And is Pure Encapsulations price worth it?

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
I've been buying the $69.50 Pure Encapsulations Ubiquinol thinking it must have some added benefits to the Jarrow CoQ10 I took for ages (and felt nothing). I've been alternating them every day so make the money stretch further. I am being offered the PE Ubiquinol at half price because it expires soon and I'm assuming it'll be okay past its expiration date, but thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about Ubiquinol's potency past "best by" dates... It does have medium chain triglycerides and sunflower lecithin...

Also, I was looking at Healthy Origins Ubiquinol, which seems to have identical ingredients to PE, but much, much cheaper. Could the "good" brand name really make such a difference? Then there's this Swanson one, which doesn't have ascorbyl palmitate or annato or sunflower oil and just seems cleaner. I'd love anyone's opinions!