• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tylenol

2 weeks ago I started taking tylenol daily (500-1000mg). My headaches and nausea have went down significantly after taking it. My headaches started from a viral infection. Has anyone had success with tylenol in treating their headaches? Does this rule out CFS? Still searching for answers.... thank you.

Undisclosed

Hi aussie777 -- I get lots of headaches and other pain, and nausea. I take tylenol sometimes. I take naproxen at times. I take ibuprofen at times. I find ibuprofen works the best over tylenol likely becuase it decreases inflammation. Really they just relieve the symptoms for a bit but I still have other symptoms all day long, day in and day out. I guess if your only symptoms are nausea and headache, it would rule out CFS. Do you have other symptoms?

perchance dreamer

Taking Tylenol is supposed to interfere with methylation in some way, but I don't remember the details. Both my doctor and nutritionist told me that years ago when I started with methyl donors. I assume they meant long-term use.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
You can get rebound headaches from Tylenol and it is really hard on your stomach and kidneys and liver.

I take 2 Ibuprofen a day for sciatic pain WITH food and don't have problems