• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Twittering the IACFS/ME Ottawa Conference Pt. II

Phoenix Rising Team submitted a new blog post:

Twittering the IACFS/ME Ottawa Conference Pt. II

Posted by Cort Johnson
Quick hits from the first two days of the Conference. Follow CortJohnson on Twitter tomorrow for more

default_profile_6_normal.png

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #Clauw reports #interstitial cytisus (allied with #CFS) will change name next year to reflect understanding about CNS origin

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #Clauw reports #interstitial cytisus research community acknowledges they were all wrong; its all the central nervous system.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #Baraniuk says #brain proteome #CFS validation study went even better than expected. Wins the prize for most posters - six!

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #Simmaron Foundation by Dr. Peterson is present with a room set up (and a nice spread) last night.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - Tom Carlson of #CFI (Chronic Fatigue Initiative) is here meeting with his CFS diagnostic team. (I almost crashed their lunch.:))

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - I heard from a Norwegian journalist that the #Rituximabresults for #CFS are in and should be published soon.......

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - Neg finding from independent lab suggests VP62 contamination did not occur at WPI, Silverman not at conference to respond.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #Mikovits sends subsets of contaminated Silverman #XMRV samples to independent lab, IAP neg/VP62 contamination section not there

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME- #DeMeirleir says he has an idea re: which endogenous retroviruses might be causing antibody results in #CFS but was mum on which

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #DeMeirleir states increased endogenous retrovirus activation in #CFS could be due to inflammation or herpesviruses

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #DeMeirleir, however, reports that increased #XMRVantibodies could also be due to endogenous retrovirus activation.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - #DeMeirleir reports finding antibodies to# XMRV in 57% of CFS patients and only 14% of controls in samples sent to #WPI

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

#IACFS/ME - in difficult patients section Lapp says he will start sending endoscopy samples to Dr. #Chia for testing for #enteroviruses

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa - Clauw reports that FM is everywhere! and looks the same everywhere....it looks the same in Kenya as it does in the US

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa - Clauw believes in the next 10-20 years, medical est. will get that CFS/FM conditions are most expensive/ prevalent of all

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa - Clauw believes an FM/CFS like-condition occurs in 20-30% of ALL disorders...20-30% of arthritis, cancer,,patients have it

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

@TomKindlon - hey Tom Thanks for picking up my tweet on the conference. I can't even pick it up on the search bar. :(

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME: Montoya suggests NIH convene meeting to create a standardized approach to research protocols for CFS...

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa - Montoya says focus on PBMC's in studies means CFS researchers are missing important information on TLR's and others.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa- Montoya suggests researchers have been looking at the wrong part of the immune system in CFS; should be studying innate sys

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa - Only Ruscetti and WPI find XMRV in BWG study but in different patients and in as many healthy controls as CFS patients.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME -BWG group presents devastating results for validity of WPI's test for XMRV. WPI's culture test has problems and is not completed.

23 Sep

CortJohnson Cort Johnson

IACFS/ME Ottawa - Mikovits says full genetic sequencing of 'dozens' of isolates will take time because of limited resources.

23 Sep
Continue reading the Original Blog Post