• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

tudiemoore's IV therapy

tudiemoore

Note: This post was moved from the thread:
should i pay $90,000 for stem cells?

A few of you may be curious about a few details of my IV treatments and since I don't know how to use any PR communication methods but this one I will butt in again! Please pardon...

My infusions were given daily, 7 days a week, at my doctor's infusion center which is located in a hospital about 45 minutes from my home.

I started with 2 weeks of oral doxy, no response, then began infusions.
The infusion was 2 mg of Rocephin daily. I had some B12 shots at my request but had no response so ended those.

The first weeks I had a good bit of nausea but not on a daily basis. Also had fatigue, some days more than others.
Very extreme fatigue--but I am so used to fatigue--what was what? Meds or CFS?

Very gradually I had a positive response. I ended my 15th week yesterday. Missed 8 infusions but got in all the others.

Going into that setting on a daily basis, so many different illnesses, such varied personalities--quite an experience on the human level too.

Going to study all things tech now; I'm sure I just violated at least 6 rules...
Be well--

Last edited by a moderator: