International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

tudiemoore's IV therapy

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by tudiemoore, Jul 8, 2017.

1. tudiemoore

tudiemoore Senior Member

Southeast U.S.
    Note: This post was moved from the thread:
    should i pay $90,000 for stem cells?

A few of you may be curious about a few details of my IV treatments and since I don't know how to use any PR communication methods but this one I will butt in again! Please pardon...

My infusions were given daily, 7 days a week, at my doctor's infusion center which is located in a hospital about 45 minutes from my home.

I started with 2 weeks of oral doxy, no response, then began infusions.
    The infusion was 2 mg of Rocephin daily. I had some B12 shots at my request but had no response so ended those.

The first weeks I had a good bit of nausea but not on a daily basis. Also had fatigue, some days more than others.
    Very extreme fatigue--but I am so used to fatigue--what was what? Meds or CFS?

Very gradually I had a positive response. I ended my 15th week yesterday. Missed 8 infusions but got in all the others.

Going into that setting on a daily basis, so many different illnesses, such varied personalities--quite an experience on the human level too.

Going to study all things tech now; I'm sure I just violated at least 6 rules...
    Be well--

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.