• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying to taper off Lunesta

soxfan

Thank you...I will need all the luck I can get. My doctor had given me an herbal med a few months ago which he said works like valium. I think I will order some more of that since I used it all up. It was called Kavinace and seemed to work at calming my overstimulation problems! Maybe it will help with this as well.

soxfan

heapsreal...yeah I had all those tested in November (2010). My cortisol was very low am..midday..pm but not night. The only other thing that was off and very low was serotonin. Everything else tested in the middle of the normal range.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Look into phosphatidylserine(PS) 200-300mg at night can help with high night time cortisol levels and 1000-3000mg of tryptophan (help with serotonin and melatonin)before bed and atleast a couple of hours after eating any protein. Withania is another herb that can help with adrenal problems and has a more relaxing effect which can help with sleep. You can get most of this stuff from iherb, the PS is probably the most expensive. Even though your cortisol levels are not necassarily low, more irratic, this can be a sign of adrenal fatigue, but what i have mentioned can help.

good luck dude,
cheers!!!
ps also if trying to get off sleeping tabs like benzo's, a few people have had success with baclofen, worth a google.
cheers!!!