• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying to replicate the synergy trial. adderall vs ritalin

cb2

I would love some thoughts on this. I am trying to replicate the synergy trial but i dont do as well on ritalin as adderal.

is there a big difference between adderall and ritalin?

i have been taking a low dose adderall and find it helps alot with mood and motivation (energy). I want to replicate the synergy trail using low dose stimulant with the Kpax vitamins. I thought the adderall would be fine. however when i talked to them they said i was "over stimulating" myself and the adderall would do the opposite of the effect we are trying to achieve?

I usually take only 2.5 adderall + octane energy drink +kpax and have found that is a great way to start my day.

The confusion comes in when i have tried the Ritalin i dont get the same "uplifting" feelings that i get with adderall and in fact i feel a bit grumpy and withdrawn.. sometimes the ritalin makes sound really intense.

the Kpax folks are telling me the only way to get the benefits they got in the study is using the ritalin with kpax vits. any one have any thought?

Why would adderall give the "opposite " effect from the ritalin with the vitamins?

thank you!