August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Trudie Chalder to speak at Norwegian Research Seminar

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Invisible Woman, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    Thank you @Marky90 .

Thank you for being willing to stand up,
    thank you for for the effort you went to,
    the emotional effort you went through,
    thank you for making me smile,
    even when you were under strain.
    I hope the people in your life
    know that you are special.

moateyboatey, Marky90, mango and 7 others like this.
  2. GreyOwl

GreyOwl Dx: strong belief system, avoidance, hypervigilant

And further to what @Luther Blissett wrote so beautifully, to stand down a bully is not something everyone can do, or will do. But you did.

3. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Thanks to the Oslo police for dropping such a ridiculous report from Oslo University Hospital (?). I thought the hospital was busy treating patients.

The police can now go back to fighting criminals, instead of using their time on something utterly nonsense.

@Marky90 is seems to me that once you finish your degree, you'll be a damn good lawyer.

Marky90 likes this.
  4. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    A police informant has alerted them to a veritable massacre in the canteen. A Gordon Ramsey has denied any involvement. More news to follow as I get it.
    [​IMG]

Marky90, TiredSam and deleder2k like this.
  5. eastcoast12

eastcoast12 Senior Member

Long Island ny
    Seriously. What a load of bs. Good for you man and thanks again.

Marky90 likes this.
  6. Marky90

Marky90 Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance

Thanks man, that was really nice!

Luther Blissett and Comet like this.
  7. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Don't Panic! this was last year ( although it could be even more interesting if she tried it again!)

I'm only posting this so those who haven't read this thread (as I hadn't) can be aware that the MUS threat has been around for a while...................and no charity appeared to be doing anything about it, and that, despite feelings of optimism,Wessely,Chalder, and co are still going strong.

More pressure/action is needed.
    Having read the Forward ME meeting where someone suggested 'A letter to the Times'........
    I think it'll take a bit more than thato_O

8. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    Yep.. there is an 'o' missing from pyschs...

Sorry naughty, but I could not resist it folks... x

MEMum likes this.
  9. dangermouse

dangermouse Senior Member

The MUS thing is enough reason to keep me away (even more so as I rarely attend) from the GP surgery. I have been told by my GP that if I get different symptoms I must see him, but I would rather not for fear of this worrying MUS.

It's (on one hand) uplifting and my hopes are raised by the current biomedical research that is going on, though those hopes are dashed and I get heart sink when I discover the relentless (it seems) antics of the BPS supporters.

I don't understand why the media is not reporting to the general public (substantially) about PACE. I believe if the public knew the truth and shocking reality of ME history there would be more pressure to have funding go where it's needed (biomedical).

I struggle to understand why proper research and subsequent treatment isn't developed, in the UK. Surely it's in the interests of the establishment to have pwME cured (properly and consistently).

10. Sean

Sean Senior Member

You'd think so.

MEMum, Marky90 and dangermouse like this.
  11. Leopardtail

England
    In the recent court case between the Data Protection Registration and Queen Mary University over the subject of PACE, the judge threw out those terrorist claims when they turned out to be nothing more than a person heckling Chalder at a lecture.

There will be public documents field at the court to substantiate that if it helps anybody wanting to refute this nonesense of ME/CFS terrorism. She was shown to be flagrant liar when subjected to legal scrutiny.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  12. Leopardtail

England
    The trick in any such situation is going to be to smile sweetly throughout raising any points, throw in some humour to make people laugh, and keep it light and informative. If they whole audience is smiling and listening its very hard to throw somebody out without looking like a frightened thug.

If the audience are purely psychiatarist though, this excercise is likely to be a waste of time. It's really the media that needs to be addressed.

MEMum likes this.
  13. Leopardtail

England
    Has legal action been threatened?

14. Leopardtail

England
    I agree completly that we need to speak up more as a group. I suspect that a better vehicle to get things started though would be a viral marketing type strategy. Produce a funny or amusing cartoon or video and put in on you tube. These types of campaigns can translate into mainstream media coverage. I know a few of us got started on a thread to discuss ideas but it kinda fizzled out, perhaps we need to resurrect that and try to get more of us invovled?

MEMum likes this.
  15. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    Only if there was still some coffee left in it.

Asa, MEMum, Countrygirl and 1 other person like this.
  16. Leopardtail

England
    Great Post!!

The bit about the 'Oxford Criteria' could be greatly improved. It requires a significant number of psychological symtoms many of which are not 'core ME' and very few physical symptoms at all. It also exludes all patatients with very common ME symtpoms (e.g. Orthostatic Intolerance). Essentially it near guarantees that few (or no) genuine ME patients would qualify and certainly none with moderate or severe ME.

The IOS also threw out all studies based upon the Oxford Crieteria as they were found to be inadequate.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Kalliope and Snowdrop like this.
  17. Marky90

Marky90 Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance

They filed two criminal cases, but both were dismissed by the police.

Also, standing up for your human rights is not something that should be referred to as heckling.

I actually spent quite a bit of time producing a handout with 20-30 pages that day, with information on the latest research on ME/CFS. The "national center of ME/CFS" declined my request to lay them out on the tables, and I barely was allowed to give them out at the door.

These "conferences" are just a constellation of biased people, who all make money on selling or advertising psychological treatment for ME/CFS. This became very apparent to me when looking at the guest list, and at the employee list for the "national center of ME/CFS".

After listening to Chalder for 20 minutes, knowing all the gigantic flaws in her research, my blood literally started to boil. Cause it dawned on me: "jesus christ, nothing is EVER going to happen if these people get the funding. Our lives will pass, and we will die sick". We can comment all we like on forums, twitter and on facebook groups, but they don`t care about that. They rather have us here than in their face. Obviously a lot is too sick for that, but I halfheartedly enjoyed the scared grin on her face when i confronted her about Pace. She didn`t tell me it was all in my head at that point, i`ll tell u that!

mango, lemonworld, MEMum and 9 others like this.
  18. Research 1st

Research 1st Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.

Psychiatric Fatigue 'researchers' (state actors) who deny organic ME (fatal disease deniers) trying to get police trying to arrest PWME for a lone protest by breaking a mug on a floor, reminds me of how ultra nationalist Russians treat LGBT should they get within arms reach during a gay rights march.

One is psychological violence, the other physical.

Both are repugnant and reprohensible.

MEMum, Sean and Marky90 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.