• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trouble Drinking enough water with antivirals

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
What i said was, "if I drank a liter of water before I went to bed I'd be up all night!" which was in response to SOC saying she drank a liter before she went to bed.

It was not a statement that I was up all night peeing.

And it still doesn't mean that does not mean I have some undiagnosed disease.

CBS

You said"
I wouldn't do it before bed because I'd be up all night peeing.

I do need to rethink drinking when I get up. I can grab a bottle when I get up to pee and try to get it down then.

I'm staring at my 2nd 16 oz right now. Drank maybe 2 so far.

Ugh.

She was trying to help and she does have a clue. So just accept the attempt of someone else to reach out and help with grace.

Don't make me get out my lazer! Damned cats!

SOC

I am not peeing a lot. OMG. Why does everyone start diagnosing people with crazy diseases without having any clue? I pee after drinking a liter of water! Who doesn't? That doesn't mean I have some disease that causes me to pee buckets.
Geez. :rolleyes: Lighten up. I did not diagnose you. I suggested that if you are peeing a lot you should probably be checked for DI. And DI is not a "crazy disease" any more than ME/CFS is.

Not everyone pees shortly after drinking 750ml of water. Some do, some don't. Not everyone is the same. Bedtime fluids are recommended for some people with low blood volume, so clearly there are people for whom it works. I am one of them, but I don't claim everything that works (or doesn't) for me works (or doesn't) for everyone else.

I'll tell you what -- I'll never respond to anything you post from here on out. That way I'll never offend your delicate sensibilities again. :rolleyes:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
If you are peeing shortly after you drink, you could have low electrolytes in which case drinking water makes it worse. You could try drinking an electrolyte solution and see if that is easier to drink.