• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tried Stimulants, Seen notable improvement

cb2

I have been experimenting with low doses of adderall and it seems to help alot.. i am afraid of getting addicted to it.
i am taking about 2.5 to 5mg maybe 3 or 4 times a week..but now when i dont take it i am feeling really out of it.

any idea how i might taper or go off? thanks

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have been experimenting with low doses of adderall and it seems to help alot.. i am afraid of getting addicted to it.
i am taking about 2.5 to 5mg maybe 3 or 4 times a week..but now when i dont take it i am feeling really out of it.

any idea how i might taper or go off? thanks

Possibly its pem not a tapering issue . So on days u take Adderall your doing more and its masking your fatigue .

I guess if u take it less often and realize you have to rest the day after using it to recover could help, as well as mito supps like q10 , carnitine etc.

Just a thought.

cb2

good thought @heapsreal - i do takie mito supps, or at least , q10 carntine, not sure what else i need?
it could be pem. but more than masking fatigue.. it is like i just can't wake up.. kinda like if you are used to drinking coffee then stop all of a sudden.

i guess i am just afriad of getting "addicted" and needing more and more and then having withdrawl.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
good thought @heapsreal - i do takie mito supps, or at least , q10 carntine, not sure what else i need?
it could be pem. but more than masking fatigue.. it is like i just can't wake up.. kinda like if you are used to drinking coffee then stop all of a sudden.

i guess i am just afriad of getting "addicted" and needing more and more and then having withdrawl.

I use very low doses of modafinil 50mg to get through work. My first day off i feel like crap but once rested for a good day mostly im ok. I initially thought something similar like what your saying but with a day or 2 resting im back to normal crap lol. So for me it seems like pem, which also builds through my working week. Each morning i feel like i have a hangover until modafinil wakes my brain up. But once rested and no work, the hangover isnt has bad and i function ok.

I found limiting its use as much as i can helps. So for me 2 to 3 days a week, usually its in a row with 4 or so days off it.

I guess we all need to play with different doses and frequencies but not over do it, like pacing with exercise , also with stims