• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trial by error, Continued: PACE Team’s Work for Insurance Companies Is “Not Related” to PACE. Really

jimells

Our PACE authors have 2 years before their careers are over and they face justice. They will come out fighting I am sure but don't worry, every day is one day closer to the end for these fraudsters.

This is a thought that helps me survive yet another day of social isolation and medical neglect. I am determined to stay alive long enough to see these criminals held to account.

SOC

The good news is that in 2 years time the rtx phase 3 results will tell the world what we already know...that this is a real disease.

Anyone who is associated with cbt/get will have serious questions to answer then.
And any self respecting journalist who was taken in by the psycholobby will turn on them pretty quickly ...

Our PACE authors have 2 years before their careers are over and they face justice. They will come out fighting I am sure but don't worry, every day is one day closer to the end for these fraudsters.

In the meantime we can enjoy turning the screw on them.
My guess is that they'll escape most of the trouble by retiring on full pensions as soon as things get too hot. I think they're just using the media etc to delay the crash so they can make as much money as possible before they have to retire or face the professional consequences. Once they're retired, the powers that be (the associated universities and govt agencies) will brush it all under the rug with some kind of "that was then, those people are all retired, move on, nothing to see here" attitude. We won't get much satisfaction, I'm afraid. They may lose scientific respect, but they won't care anymore. They'll be too busy golfing and vacationing in Majorca on their ill-gotten gains.

Which of our tormentors are currently too young to reasonably retire?

Sidereal

My guess is that they'll escape most of the trouble by retiring on full pensions as soon as things get too hot. I think they're just using the media etc to delay the crash so they can make as much money as possible before they have to retire or face the professional consequences. Once they're retired, the powers that be (the associated universities and govt agencies) will brush it all under the rug with some kind of "that was then, those people are all retired, move on, nothing to see here" attitude. We won't get much satisfaction, I'm afraid. They may lose scientific respect, but they won't care anymore. They'll be too busy golfing and vacationing in Majorca on their ill-gotten gains.

Which of our tormentors are currently too young to reasonably retire?

You are absolutely right SOC. There will be no repercussions, they will retire on their (European) public sector pensions and get titles like Emeritus Professor. Meanwhile, we continue to rot in our bedrooms and living rooms, harassed and despised by almost everyone.

BurnA

You are absolutely right SOC. There will be no repercussions, they will retire on their (European) public sector pensions and get titles like Emeritus Professor. Meanwhile, we continue to rot in our bedrooms and living rooms, harassed and despised by almost everyone.

From Coynes pubtalk

And to me it's shocking... and I don't believe that the PACE investigators are incompetent. They know how to run a clinical trial. They knew what they were doing.

This is the point here. Don't worry about whether or not they get away with it - let that pan out but at least people are going after them now and they might be held accountable. They are not sitting comfortably right now and that is important.

Things can only get worse for them.

SOC

There's a whole new generation coming up who are tied to the BPS approach.
Indeed, but they are not the major perpetrators of this horror, so they'll probably be able to escape most of the responsibility as long as they don't keep up the ME patient abuse. Chalder may be too involved to avoid responsibility or professional impact, but too young to escape through retirement. I'm not sure any other of the major players are in that situation.

I was disappointed that Reeves will never be held accountable. I hope others will not escape the professional accounting. I imagine they are currently uncomfortable, which is something, but a public acknowledgement of their failures and frauds would be better.

worldbackwards

They'll be no public acknowledgement. It'll be passed off as a disagreement in science and the remaining BPSers will carry on harrying ME patients over any symptoms whatsoever that can be described as of "uncertain origin" a la fatigue in cancer, MS, etc. If anything changes at all, which I 'm far from convinced it will. Evidence on our side will always be held to different standards than theirs.

Just to cheer everyone up and all...

adreno

PR activist
Yep.

Asa

"Anyone may bring an alleged violation of human rights to the attention of the United Nations and thousands of people around the world do so every year..."

Suggestion: We, the patient community, plus medical/legal/academic/etc. professionals -- journalists!! -- who are willing to give of their time, and any and all other patient advocates/care givers/etc--

We educate ourselves (individually, collectively) and search for a lawyer for the degree of legal assistance which "we" can afford. And on 12 May 2017, we each file a human-rights-violation complaint to the United Nations.

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/FactSheet7Rev.2.pdf