• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

treatment lottery

snowathlete

i was thinking about what we are sufferers can do. its difficult. Our biggest strength is numbers, but our greatest weakness is that we are all weak through illness.
I thought, "what if everyone clubed together and focused on one suffer at a time and threw everything they had at curing that person. maybe that would work. but its perhaps a little optimistic.

But how about we organise a quarterly treatment lottery, where anyone can buy a ticket for a set prize - say 1 or $1 or whatever - and at the end of the quarter, someone wins the lot, and the deal is that they can use the money for treatment. We want to make sure that is what its for, otherwise it just becomes a standard lottery, so the person can get treatment and the fund pays the bill direct, or whatever.

obviously i am not talking about organizing this myself, it would need to be run by someone associated with PR or another ME charity, so that it is all above board and so on. Also, i want a chance to win, so i dont want to be running this myself, and be excluded, but hopefully someone would agree to help run it.

It would be great to win it, but also i would be well happy if my 1 helped someone else on here get a chance at some treatment that might help make them well, so its win win.

What do you think?