• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

transfusing oxygen in the blood - anyone know anything about this?

snowathlete

I read a while back about an oxygen therapy where they remove some blood, and then pump pure oxygen through it to kill off any nasties before then putting your blood back in your body.

I dont know exactly what this is called, or how common it is, but does anyone know anything about it?

I know as a treatment it would only work on the stuff in your blood, not in your cells or organs, but still it may be, i figure, a good way to get a head start as part of wider treatments.

thanks

sianrecovery

I think I came across this in Arizona recently. I didnt do it because my IV access is poor - what I looked at was called Knott Technique, which does have a website for it. The doc doing it in the town where I was used ultraviolet light on blood removed from the body, and then put back - I think the idea is that this makes the immunue system more capable of dealing with reactivated viruses etc. He also used ozone. I talked to one of his patients (not an ME patient) who had found it helpful. My worry was that if CFS has an autoimmune component (and who knows one way or another on that one) would a treatment like this potentially excerbate it? If I find our more, I will post again