• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulator(TENS)

*GG*

I recently acquired a Zynex NexWave unit, it has TENS and better yet (IFC) Interferrential Current, I was told this is deeper penetrating than a TENS unit, it also has Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)

My Dr prescribed it, so not sure on how about to buy this specific model. But my Chiro mentioned that he could get a TENS unit for me, I showed him the one I got, and he said it is a nicer model, and costs more. Otherwise he said he could get me a TENS unit for 50 to 60 dollars.

GG

Seven7

Seven
Thank you will look into this, if I cannot find a good price, I might order from your chiro.:p Dr just gave me LDN for the pain, maybe it will get better. Fortunately is not permanent symptom it comes and goes.

Symptomatic

Just came from the chiro where they used TENS on me - I found it kind of creepy/icky - does anyone else feel that way?

Seven7

Seven
you get used to the feeling then increase as you can take it. It was very unpleasant for me until got used to it. The benefits were grater than the icki feeling.

Sea

I have a TENS machine. It's about 15 years old now and I hear that technology has improved somewhat in that time. I have osteoarthritis in my spine and spinal canal stenosis and I have found it helpful when dealing with the pain that comes from nerves being compressed in that area.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Does anyone get irregular heartbeat when they use these machines, or is it just me and my crap body?