• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Improves Tinnitus - Could It Help ME/CFS ?

Wayne

Since so much of ME/CFS is connected with brain function, I wonder if TMS could be helpful for some of us. My best guess is yes.

New Study Suggests Simple Treatment for Tinnitus

If you have a strange ringing in your ears all the time, you might suffer from a condition called tinnitus. It is an odd condition that has been difficult to treat but researchers are now saying that sending simple electromagnetic pulses into the brain might be all that is required. This is a process called transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)...

Here in Israel a friend of mine just finished taking part in a trial using trans magnetic stimulation on fibromyalgia.
They only tested to see improvement of pain.

My friend has CFS on top of fibromyalgia but she got accepted in the trial.

Unfortunatly the treatment did not help her CFS or pain. It is supposed to be brilliant for depression though.