• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tooth enamel loss

Ai-Yai

Mad Genius
he-he. I'm just stating facts:
you r - hairy,
i am - hairy.
So we can share a lot of interests. :lol:

TheMoonIsBlue

great thread, i think it will help alot of people...i hadnt heard of the toothpaste and gels like the ones mentioned and that is worth looking into..

not sure if this has anything to do with your tooth enamel loss but wanted to mention in case it might....one of my kids went for cleaning etc. and was told that they could tell by looking at her irritated gums that she was allergic to something in her tooth paste and to try different ones, they said a sign is when you brush and have like a "slimey" residue when you spit out, or that irritates the gums, which my child said she had both but didnt think to mention it...again may or may not have anything to do with enamel but just wanted to let you know in case it does, we had no idea that you could be allergic to something in a tooth paste but it makes very much sense once it was said....and we switched toothpaste..

take care,

Hello!
I think the most common allergan people have to toothpastes is the sodium lauryl sulfate. Most toothpastes have this ingredient unfortunately, but not all. I think most or all of the Tom's of Maine brand doesnt contain SLS.

The ProNamel I started using I believe does NOT have SLS. It is more expensive though. They make a version for Kids. It does seem to be helping sensitivity so far, much more than other similar toothpastes I have tried.I think they do something to it so it has a neutral Ph?? In fact certain "senstive teeth" toothpastes I have tried made my teeth more sensitive!

---------------------------------------
I found a toothpaste with 31% xylitol gel I just ordered. I will report back on any improvement if there is any.

Ai-Yai

Mad Genius
Xylitol is working as weak bacteriostatic agent.
Not recommend to use it with strong bactericidal remedies the same time (such as tea tree oil for example).