• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Too much molybdenum?

Right after starting a low sulfur diet to attempt to detox from ammonia and heavy metals, I felt like a new person. My attitude unbelievably changed to more positive and mindful. A week later and I am feeling pretty terrible, with energy, confidence, and outlook on everything on the opposite, negative end of the spectrum, and I am trying to figure out the cause.

Would you guess I missing some essential proteins? I am vegan, so my diet has been very restrictive. Am I missing folate from greens? Or could it be something else dietary, like missing iron?

Since I have been taking 1mg of molybdenum three times a day (which I know is high), can high molybdenum cause imbalances in the body? I'm wondering if this high dose could explain my current negative mood, even though it helped immensely for a few days.

Main supplements are:
1 mg molybdenum 3 times/day
Hydrox B12 2000 mcg in morning
Cheated magnesium 200 mg at lunch, and 200 mg at bed
Liquid ionic zinc at night 36 mg
B6 P5P 50 mg

Sometimes take D3 and fish oil at night

Supplements I've taken only once or twice:
Chorellela 500mg
L-Orthinine 500mg (got a deep relaxed feeling for a few days)
L-Arginine 500mg
Yucca 500 mg
Charcoal 280 mg
Manganese 8mg

Main mutations:
CBS C699T rs234706 AG +/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 AG +/-
MTHFR C677T rs1801133 AA +/+

Other ones:
VDR Bsm rs1544410 TT +/+
MTRR A66G rs1801394 AG +/-
MTRR A664A rs1802059 AG +/-
BHMT-08 rs651852 CT +/-

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Years ago I could not get molybdenum locally, so bought it in quantity when I visited out-of-state relatives. A store employee accosted me to tell me how dangerous molybdenum was and that it could cause mental side effects. I do not recall now just what those side effects were. You might cut back on the molybdenum and see if your mood improves.