• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TMJ + Reactive Arthritis

Helen

Agree, but they will probably not find anything as it is ELISA test that rules in Sweden. My first Westernblot abroad showed 8 positive bands.

msf

I didn't notice that it was a Swedish study - I would have expected the Scandinavians to be a bit more sensible about Lyme, but I guess medical incompetence knows no borders.

Helen

The official paradigm is very clear. I could sum it in a few paragraphs. I was lucky to get advice from a handfull of doctors who are researching Lyme or had Lyme themselves or family members. They know that neither the tests , nor the treatment is optimal for everyone, so I realized I should have to go abroad to get what I needed. I assume the light has to come from elsewhere.

I didn't notice that it was a Swedish study - I would have expected the Scandinavians to be a bit more sensible about Lyme, but I guess medical incompetence knows no borders.