• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TMG, SAM-e and Sunflower Lecithin (phosphatidyl choline)

ebethc

All 3 of these supps have been helpful for me in similar but different ways:
  • Sunflower Lecithin - helps me feel more relaxed, I hurt less, and I have a sense of wellbeing
  • TMG - helps joint pain, brain fog, feel less bloated/puffy (it's an osmolytic)
  • SAM-e - lifts mood, helps relieve joint pain, gives me more energy, is even better than TMG at reducing puffiness/water retention. However, it always fades. I believe I need to augment w 5-MTHFR & B12 for better results.
Question #1 Are it too much to take all these together? I know that they're somewhat related, but don't understand the chemistry well enough to understand if I'm creating some kind of conflict in the methylation pathways..

Question #2 Is there a problem taking 5-MTHF & M-B12 with these? I'm not sure if I'm sensitive to methyls, but I do know that taking 5-MTHF & M-B12 alone do absolutely nothing for me.

TMG, SAM-e, Sunflower Lecithin and lemon water all help "move" something in my body.. The joint pain, sinus swelling/fog brain and general lethargy are much better w these individually...best supps of all the million (!) that I've tried this year, and the interesting thing is that they're all related.. Getting closer, I hope

thanks.