• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TMG improved low body temperature

kaffiend

I just wanted to report on some success with TMG. I've recently had a lot of improvement in post-exertional symptoms following low-dose hydrocortisone treatment (20mg/day). Unfortunately, I "broke it" somewhat by testing my max heart rate while road biking with a heart monitor. It seems I need to stay below 140bps to avoid setbacks and post-exertional symptoms, which is about 75% of MHR.

I wasn't having horrendous crashes, more flu-like with a few heart palpitations and feeling of general unwellness if I tried to carry on a normal routine. And my temperature has consistently been ~95 degrees before noon, rising only to ~96.5 later in the day. I tried Cortef but it didn't seem to make a difference, and all my thyroid measures are solid (free t3 might be on the low end of normal).

In the past, I've had clear, positive results with methyl b12 and SAMe, but recently added TMG for the heck of it. I had the familiar detox reaction for about 1.5 days (I experienced this the first time I took methyl b12) and then started to feel normal again (about how I was feeling before I "broke" the HC treatment results). My body temp was over 98 degrees today, for the first time in months. I've been sick for about 19 months but I actually don't know how long my temp has been low. I never paid attention to it until a couple of months ago.