• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Titrating AB12.. Question

sregan

I'm up to 1mg Solgar Mfolate x3 per day and been taking 800mcg Enz MB12 about 1/2 hour after each. Taking a very small dose of LCF (50mg) with the first two doses (and other things I mention in this blog post: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/smp-cofactor-notes.1694/). I'm using Sunday as my AB12 day. (According to @ahmo Freddd suggests to take ACBL one day per week instead of every day and instead of MB12).

My question is how much do I take? Do I substitute 1:1 for the MB12 I would have taken? Do I substitute for just a single dose of the 3 then use MB12 for the other 2?

ahmo

Hi @sregan Freddd's recommendation was to take 30-50mg AdB12 once/week. I've settled on 40. It doesn't have any relation to my MB12, which was 20mg sublingual, but I'm now using oil, it's 1 squirt. Up until a few days ago, see next paragraph, I used it once a week, no MB12 on that day.

I've just been trying to assimilate Martin Pall's nitrous oxide cycle information. I found that one of the things recommended to mop of free radicals is AdB12. As I've been a high ammonia state lately, I've begun taking one of these when I feel the need. I found a reference to this on an old thread, which I can't find in the moment, where Fred aknowledges this, one of those where he references the Gorilla in the Room paper re AdB12. Which is to say, it seems that AdB12 is functioning not only for ATP production, but also for free radical scavenging, and maybe this suggests using it both as a single dose, and also as needed for this other feature. Sorry I'm so unclear.:rolleyes:

sregan

Hi @sregan Freddd's recommendation was to take 30-50mg AdB12 once/week. I've settled on 40. It doesn't have any relation to my MB12, which was 20mg sublingual, but I'm now using oil, it's 1 squirt. Up until a few days ago, see next paragraph, I used it once a week, no MB12 on that day.

@ahmo just re-read this and looked at my bottle of ACBL

Lol, 30-50 mg!! :) I took part of one 10mg tablet... haha... Ok I'll give it a try next week properly.