• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for dialing in adB12 dose?

bigmillz

I've been working on dialing in my mB12 dose (had to pull it back a lot, didn't realize it was having a negative effect on energy levels), and next I want to do a little fine tuning for adB12. I currently take 1.5mg/daily, and I've found daily doses to work better for me.

Can anyone offer a little help by sharing how much adB12 they take daily currently, and what symptoms they experience from too much or too little?

For mB12, too much wasn't super obvious...I actually felt more fatigued according to my log, and wasn't as outgoing. It almost seemed like I could've used more. I pulled it back a few times, and found myself much less foggy, much more energetic, and in a slightly better mood - there's even been a strong euphoria much like the one I used to get from increasing mB12.

bigmillz

Small update - tried going from 1.5mg of adB12 today (which I've been on for months), to 3mg. No noticeable difference whatsoever, possibly a little more tired if anything, but it's super super subtle - likely unrelated.

Reading some of Freddd's old info, I found the below quote. I suspect this may apply to me:
Adb12 does only one thing, occupy mitochondria allowing them to function. All of this sounds pretty normal of somebody starting up. Mb12 has a lot more different startup effects. It directly affects perceptions in a way adb12 doesn't. As your energy level comes up it will fluctuate, especailly at the beginning. It will cause a burst of energy and run out of a cofactor making for a lot of fluctuations. So one has 2 things to deal with, real fluctuations in energy generation and fluctuations in perceptions. Adb12 lev els off very quickly becasue the adb12 parks in the mitochondria and stays there a long time. Once all the parking spaces are filled, there is no more change and everything related to adb12 gets steady as long as other cofactors are in place.

caledonia

I take (don't laugh) 4mcg per day, divided into four 1mcg doses.

I get overly revved up from taking too much.

I use a combination of trial and error and self muscle testing to dial in doses for supps. There should be a sweet spot where you feel the best, and with too much or too little, you feel worse.

Testing one supplement at a time, and keeping a symptom journal of the dose changes and any symptoms, good or bad, is helpful.

bigmillz

I take (don't laugh) 4mcg per day, divided into four 1mcg doses.

I get overly revved up from taking too much.

I use a combination of trial and error and self muscle testing to dial in doses for supps. There should be a sweet spot where you feel the best, and with too much or too little, you feel worse.

Testing one supplement at a time, and keeping a symptom journal of the dose changes and any symptoms, good or bad, is helpful.

Oh wow! How do you create doses of that size?

I looked back at my log, and found no real difference when I went from 750mcg to 1500mcg either.

Do you notice the adB12 immediately? I understand it's unlike mB12 in that it's more of a long term thing - not a short term boost.

caledonia

Oh wow! How do you create doses of that size?

I looked back at my log, and found no real difference when I went from 750mcg to 1500mcg either.

Do you notice the adB12 immediately? I understand it's unlike mB12 in that it's more of a long term thing - not a short term boost.

You can dilute the B12 with water. I use eye dropper bottles to measure. The exact technique is in my document Start Low and Go Slow in my signature link.

It's been about 4 years since I added the ADB12, so my memory is fuzzy, but I think it's more of a subtle thing unless I get too much.

bigmillz

You can dilute the B12 with water. I use eye dropper bottles to measure. The exact technique is in my document Start Low and Go Slow in my signature link.

It's been about 4 years since I added the ADB12, so my memory is fuzzy, but I think it's more of a subtle thing unless I get too much.

I was thinking of diluting when I was trying to get B6 going...but even tiny doses make me feel really sick. But that's an adventure for another day.

I did try weekly adB12 (6mg in one day, spread out) once a while back, and per my log, I felt pretty energized from it, but a little anxious.

I also reviewed the results of others, and there are some people who go well over the usual recommended 5:1-10:1 mb12:adB12 ratio, taking as much as 8mg adB12 daily. But that said, I feel there's something to be said for the ratio and the many folks it has worked for.

Bottom line is it's tough when there are no clearly visible side effects of too much or too little adB12.

caledonia

I was thinking of diluting when I was trying to get B6 going...but even tiny doses make me feel really sick. But that's an adventure for another day.

I did try weekly adB12 (6mg in one day, spread out) once a while back, and per my log, I felt pretty energized from it, but a little anxious.

I also reviewed the results of others, and there are some people who go well over the usual recommended 5:1-10:1 mb12:adB12 ratio, taking as much as 8mg adB12 daily. But that said, I feel there's something to be said for the ratio and the many folks it has worked for.

Bottom line is it's tough when there are no clearly visible side effects of too much or too little adB12.

My mb12:adB12 ratio ended up being 5:1. This was just going by trial and error.