• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tingling Feet

gracee41

I am experiencing tingling/pins and needles in my feet. I'm taking 6000mcgs hydroxy B12 and 600mcgs of methylfolate. I also take magnesium, calcium, and vitamin d along with a b complex without folate or b12. Anyone know what the problem might be? Should I increase the methylfolate?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Taking B-6 in large doses I believe can cause tingling and/or burning in the feet and hands. B-6 used to help my burning and tingling, but I can't take over 50mg a day or that appears to cause symptoms to resume. It could be that it is not proportional to something else that causes it when I take too much.

There are others on the forum that have much more knowledge and experience on this subject. I'm sure they will reply here shortly.

Martial

Sometimes b6 deficiency can do the same. Are you taking other b vitamins along with the folate and b12? Could possibly be low magnesium or potassium as well.

gracee41

Sometimes b6 deficiency can do the same. Are you taking other b vitamins along with the folate and b12? Could possibly be low magnesium or potassium as well.
My multi b only has 5mgs of b6. It's a low dose multi. I just had my magnesium and potassium levels checked. They are good.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation

For sure! For me B6 can't be too little or too much.

Also, soaking in warm water with epsom salts helped as well.