• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

tinadazole/metronidazole/ are they really harmful?

sela

on top of everything else , i came down with giardia. trying to cure with enzymes but am getting tired of being ill. i hate these harmful drugs but... does anyone have a scary story to keep me from caving in and taking them? or maybe they aren't so destructive after all. feedback?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
flagyl/metronidazole i used for a week to clear a gastro/diarrhoea bout i was going through which was cfs related, it helped with no side effects. I did a 10 day course with no dramas and felt better for it. Had similar gastro think several months later and did the same protocol and it helped again. Long term use can potentially cause liver problems but 1-2 weeks u should be right. Also use probiotics when u finish the course and maybe nystatin while on flagyl to prevent any yeast infections.

cheers!!!

ixchelkali

If you don't mind me asking, how did you pick up giardia, and how did you find out you have it? I mean, diarrhea, etc, are par for the course for us, so what prompted them to check for giardia?