• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Timing/order of supplements on Fredd's protocol?

juniemarie

Is there a particular order with the B12 infusion,methylfolate, & dibencoplex within the day? Can any of them be taken at the same time? I can't find the info even after doing a search. Is there a place where the latest step by step instructions are located. thanks

whodathunkit

Recommend to take the adb12 (Dibencoplex) in the morning since it can be quite stimulating. Also, if you choose to take L-carnitine fumarate, take that in the morning for the same reason. But LCF may not be something you need, especially to start, so if you're not taking it right now don't worry about it. You can start with that later after you see how you react to the three supplements you've mentioned.

The adb12, however, is something you need. And again, take it in the morning.

It is recommended to always have a little mb12 with your methylfolate, since methylfolate needs mb12 to work properly. Some people find that mb12 stimulates them, others don't. So some will recommend to not take mb12 later in the day, others say it's fine. You have to experiment to figure out how you react to mb12.

Also, be aware that your reaction to and tolerance for mb12 will probably change over time. For example, some people find it makes them jittery and nervous in the beginning, then things even out. Also for example, I found for a while that mb12 was made me very sleepy during the day, but I have progressed beyond that now. Mb12 works on melatonin production but I'm not quite sure of all the ramifications of it, except that ultimately it seems to help regulate sleep patterns, even if it wires you out or makes you sleepy when you first start taking it.

Since both methylfolate and mb12 have a relatively short half-life in the blood stream, I like to divide mine into 3x/day doses. I take the majority of my mb12 (via injection) in the morning with 1/3 of my dose of methylfolate, then with each dose of methylfolate later in the day I'll infuse at least a 5000mcg tablet in my gums. My last dose in the evening is normally about an hour or so before bed. It doesn't impact my sleep negatively at all. Quite the opposite, I think.

FYI, I quit going to sleep with a mB12 lozenge in my mouth. I decided it probably wasn't good for gum health. But some here do that and claim it helps them sleep. My sleep was not negatively impacted when I did it.

I find that Freddd's "Deadlock Quartet" (plus ribose, which I like) in the morning is better than any cup of coffee I've ever had. Really gets me going. :) So you definitely want to experiment a little and probably start doing things in the earlier half of the day, until you figure out exactly how you react to everything.

Good luck!

juniemarie

@whodathunkit thanks so much for the detailed info. Really will help me figure it all out. What about timing with meals/food? Which to take with food, which before and which after? I am printing out your post and putting it on the fridge!

whodathunkit

Not too sure about some of this, but will tell you what I do.

I take my adb12 as infusion between cheek and gums, on empty stomach, 1st thing in the morning, for at least 45 mins., at same time as LCF and ribose (both of which are empty-stomach supps). The adb12 complements the LCF. But again, don't start off with LCF. It might make you too speedy until your system adjusts to everything else you're starting. Time enough to add things later. Just stick with adb12, mb12, and methylfolate for now. This is by explanation of why I do adb12 the very first thing in the morning, before methylfolate and mb12.

After the 45 min. is up with the suppments above, I take my folate with a little milk. From what I've read it's sort of an empty stomach supplement, but sort of not. I think it's best not to eat with big meal but also not on completely empty stomach. I choose milk because I like it and can tolerate it, but what you choose is up to you. After I drink milk and take folate I do the mb12 between cheek and gum for at least 45 min.

Then for the later doses of mb12 and methylfolate I do it with milk about an hour before a meal or snack. Again with the mb12 infusions for at least 45 min., for each dose of methylfolate.

HTH.

Last edited:

Adster

I found that methyfolate is far less effective for me when I take it with food. So I take it when I get up, before breakfast.