• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

*Time for Action Campaign*

VillageLife

This is already posted else where on the forum but I thought I would post it here, because many people just visit these forums to read XMRV news and we dont want anyone missing this important post.

=== Please Forward Widely ===

"Time for Action" Campaign
For ME/CFS Patients, Their Families and Friends

Organizers: Robert Miller, Rivka Solomon, Charlotte von Salis

On the heels of the September 7, 2010, historic NIH meeting with ME/CFS patients and their families, now is the time to let our federal health agencies know we are expecting big changes. The more they hear from us now, the more they'll listen to us next time we meet. Our "Time for Action" campaign is advocacy made easy -- yet it will have a huge impact.

We ask patients, their families and friends to email, call and/or fax NIH Director Collins and NIAID Director Fauci with this simple question every day, starting today. (Please Cc: emails to Robert Miller at: hebs1reel@yahoo.com)

Dear Directors Collins and Fauci,

What have you done for ME/CFS today? Patients and their families are waiting.

Name: John Doe (or John)
Time: Sick 12 years

Contact info:
1) National Institutes of Health
Director Francis Collins
Email: collinsf@od.nih.gov
Cc to: hebs1reel@yahoo.com
Phone: 301-496-2433
Fax: 301-402-2700

2) National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease
Director Anthony Fauci
Email: afauci@niaid.nih.gov
Cc to: hebs1reel@yahoo.com
Phone: 301-496-2263
Fax: 301-402-3573

For inspiration, here's our "How To" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eLRxtQLok