• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock - The Kickstarter Canary in a Coal Mine Fundraiser Ends on Friday, 11/22

Wally

Questioning whether the Canary in the Coal Mine Kickstarter campaign is worth your donation of even a $1.00?

Check out the success this business had in using Kickstarter for its fundraiser for "99% Invisible". http://on.aol.com/show/funded-517936933/episode/517985156?icid=aolhomepage_rightrail

Come on be brave, be bold join in this new wave of advocacy and make a small donation to help make our story great. The time is NOW! Go ahead just do it. Be part of the next generation of advocates who are bringing new ideas to how you can have a voice. Fund the ME Documentary "Canary in a Coal Mine.

Spread the word about this documentary and ask your friends, family and neighbors to ride the wave with you. The "Canary in the Coal Mine" Kickstarter campaign only runs through Friday, November 22nd. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock. Get yourself into the race without even walking to the mailbox.
smiley.gif

To those who have already made a donation. Give yourself a round of applause. You will be helping to change the course of how this illness is viewed by the outside world.

While you are happily clicking away on your computer, also consider signing the petition to voice your concern/disapproval about the HHS/IOM contract. https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_the_HHSIOM_contract_and_accept_the_CCC_definition_of_ME/. The contract as currently written has the potential to drive a bus right through our community. Don't let the architects of over 25 years of mistreatment of this illness leave us lying in the gutter waiting to be resuscitated by some knight in shining armor. Don't let this illness be tossed around and marginalized like what appears to be set to happen to veterans suffering from Gulf War Syndrome. Speak up now and stop the potential of ME being returned to the junkpile of "difficult illnesses".

I believe the HHS/IOM ME Definition Contract in its current state fails to adequately represent and protect patients who continue to suffer from the brunt of this illness. Just a few clicks away from your being part of one of the largest ME patient petitions. Get your message out to the world. The number of individuals who have signed this petition has now reached 3,041 and keeps growing. Our voices are ringing around the globe. Just do it - sign the petition and make history. https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_the_HHSIOM_contract_and_accept_the_CCC_definition_of_ME/)

Wally

aimossy

:)Awesome Wally! love that clapping pick!
Don't ya just love how Jen Brea knows how to work the media!(fireworks emoticon)

Wally

I don't use Facebook or Twitter, so may campaign to get friends and family to donate has been by e-mail. Not sure this is having a great impact. I have my son posting on his Facebook account and I have forwarded on this latest matching campaign explaining that right now they really need backers, so a $1.00 would be a really great way to show support. Wish I could just hold a cup out on the sidewalk for donations, but this type of crowd sourcing fundraiser needs more than an anonymous $1.00 dropped in my panhandlers cup.