• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thyroid attack

wastwater

Whats attacking the thyroid in some cases of ME/cfs,if its not antibodies as per hashimotos.I wonder if this too could be attacking or affecting the brain.Maybe its interleukin-2

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I recently started T3 treatment so have been reading up on they thyroid. I am fairly sure I read something about cytokines being part of the problem. I only take notes on what is related to my treatment, so I don't know what or where.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
There is a type of thyroiditis called IIT (Interferon Induced Thyroiditis). It is a side effect of taking alpha interferon as a treatment. Maybe this is what you read and were thinking about ?
My understanding is that interferon-a is usually low in this illness. But maybe there is some sort of similar action going on. I guess w/ our crazy immune systems who knows.

btw. I took it. I got it.

wastwater

I got the idea from reading oslers web dr cheney said there were very high levels of interleukin-2 in the patients due to presumed unknown virus.I also noticed its a common side effect of cancer treatment where interleukin-2 is given along with severe depression