• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thyroid again or intolerance to the med

Carrigon

I'm getting severe leg and lower back cramping, and we're talking SEVERE to where I've wanted to go to the ER all week. Dizziness, heart problems. Starting to wonder if it's the levothyroxine junk I'm on or just the Hashimoto's. Like I don't know if I need the med upped or if I simply need to get off the crap. I just don't know anymore. I've been freezing cold for two whole months. I can't get warm. And it's been like a hundred degrees out here and I'm always freezing. I'm on 75mg of levothyroxine. All these symptoms can be from the drug itself. But alternately, they can be from the Hashimoto's. So I'm totally confused on what really needs to be done. The last time I had cramps, she upped the dose and it got better. But it's back worse than ever now. I can't function at all from the pain. It gets a bit better with lots of multivitamin/minerals, but still have it, still feel awful. I have the chills right now. Freezing. She checked my thyroid about a month ago, the level was in the 1.3 range. That's not very high. I don't know why I feel so incredibly bad like this. Can it be the drug itself?