• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Through what mechanism does sulfate cause problems?

bigmillz

Is the fight or flight thing proven, or is it just a Yasko thing?

How exactly does sulfate cause problems for some? Histamine release?

aaron_c

Here is an old abstract talking about catecholamine sulfates, which they claim are the predominant form of catecholamines. Apparently, they don't play well with the enzymes that convert dopamine to noradrenaline and noradrenaline to adrenaline. Connect that if you can (and then tell the rest of us)!

The only other thing I can think of is that sulfites can combine with cystine to form s-sulfocysteine, a glutamate analog.

To be clear, I am not confusing sulfates and sulfites. If he (Heartfixer doc) positively says that "this is a problem that increases when you take molybdenum," (thus increasing sulfates at the expense of sulfites) then I'm not sure what to say.

Last edited: