Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Throat problems?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by alexis909, Dec 11, 2017.

1. alexis909

alexis909

I've never had this before but just recently I've had a horrible feeling of something large stuck in my throat/esophagus. Before it felt like it was upper now it went down and it's painful when I swallow. I used to have awful acid reflux and this time it happened when I ate gluten and maybe that's what did it? Thankfully I'm going to see a GI in a couple weeks and then get an endoscopy. I hate this feeling and pray it goes away. Has anyone with CFS had throat problems?

2. Hikaru

Hikaru

Finland
    I've been having a perpetual sore throat lately, went to the doctor and they said it looked fine as far as any infections go. It's been slowly going away, in my case I think it was caused by postnasal drip from a cold that is taking a while to go away - for me it's more itchy than painful at this point.

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You might want to consider globus sensation = the feeling of a lump in your throat even though there is no lump present when the throat is examined.

4. Alexi

Alexi Senior Member

UK
    A motility problem ?

5. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member

S W England
    Hi, I had perpetual throat and sinus problems and now I don't eat gluten I don't, so maybe the gluten is the problem for you.

I also have acid reflux- it got so bad with the stomach acid in my esophaegus, that I lost my voice repeatedly and could hardly eat it was unbelievably painful. The endoscopy is a really good idea as it will give a clear picture about what is going on- although DO opt for sedation. I have a hernia which I have to manage or I start losing my voice, feeling short of breath etc. BTW: if you are worrying about it then that will make the reflux worse....

Good luck!

6. Shoshana

Shoshana Northern USA

Northern USA
    @alexis909

I am too worn out to write now, but i have throat problems too.

Would like to know if you are doing any better?

See more popular forum discussions.