• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thousands could have Lyme disease without knowing

TrixieStix

I am excited by this technology. For early stage, it appears robust, and the numbers are very encouraging.

I have a concern that if there is a weakness, it may manifest in late stage cases. Conventional wisdom is that Bb tends to flee fluids like blood (or urine?), and has a tropism for tissue. Hopefully tests like this will belie or overcome that. Or, it may act similar to a PCR, in that, if you register a positive, it will be hard to dispute; but having a negative, for late stage cases, might prove little definitively. What are they quoting? 88%? Still very impressive.
yeah I saw others expressing concern this many not be as great for detecting the antigen in later stages. Ceres seems to focus on it's use for detecting infection in the "early stage" on their website.