• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thoughts on Glenn Rothfeld (Mass)?

I'm wondering if anyone has positive or negative experiences with Dr. Glenn Rothfeld?

I have seen him, and like his... thoughtfulness, way of thinking, etc... BUT haven't been helped yet. Tried Doxy for a weak positive lyme test...

I have pretty severe CFS at this point--
Am in the process of making appts with Klimas and hope to see Montoya as well--
But traveling is tough.

So wondering any thoughts/stories/comments on Rothfeld?
Thanks!

I pay out of pocket (or i should say, my kind family is amassing some debt in order to pay out of pocket! sigh).

Have you been to others-- Klimas or Motoya? I guess my theory is if at all possible, see each and choose who may help most. But the money. and the travel..sigh!

May I ask what you've tried with Rothfeld specifically that has helped?

Have you done the phosphatidyl choline IV? I started, and second time felt...well like I was having a brain hemorrage! it was pretty aweful. think I'm fine but instincts telling me...even if that was part of beginning of successful detox....it was too much for my body's present state....

*GG*

No, but he is not my 1st Dr. I have seen others since, him, but I have found him the best for my area.

I have been seeing him for a few years now, so hard to say what specifically has helped. I think Cholestryamine with chlorella was helpful. My mercury levels dropped. I used to have really bad brain fog. But something has helped that, the detox and perhaps just doing less now? I don't push myself as hard as I used to, as you can imagine, even when you were well, when you are exhausted, your mental function can falter.

GG

PS I have not done that IV, but he recently suggested a magnesium and B IV, with Inositol. But I think I am going to have that done elsewhere that takes my insurance, more of a drive, but I think it will still be more economical.