• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thoughts About ME:After OIG Dodges Charge of IOM’s Conflict of Interest, Meaningful Reply Demanded

JohnnyD

http://thoughtsaboutme.com/2014/01/...erest-meaningful-reply-demanded/#comment-4448

I received a response from the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) to my request to investigate the IOM’s organizational conflict of interest. Unfortunately, the OIG completely dodged the issue I had raised by merely stating that no such conflict exists without any explanation of how it arrived at that conclusion. In fact, the letter was entirely unresponsive to the conflict issue that I raised, which is unacceptable since the organizational conflict of interest is as clear as the light of day. Any accurate legal analysis would come to no other conclusion than that the IOM has a clear organizational conflict of interest.

Therefore, today, I sent a follow-up letter to the OIG requesting to receive a meaningful reply with a sound legal analysis:

Dear Ms. Cummings,

barbc56

I wouldn't be surprised, not saying it's right, that they think they have already responded, so why reply again?

JohnnyD

Jeannette has a follow up this morning as well.

http://thoughtsaboutme.com/2014/01/...ntially-only-meeting-open-to-public/#comments

IOM in Full Stealth Mode: No Information on Potentially Only Meeting Open to Public

The first IOM meeting to develop diagnostic criteria for “ME/CFS” is scheduled for the 27th and 28th of this month. The afternoon of the first day is open to the public and will include a public-comment period.

So, what’s the problem with this?

barbc56

To build a legal case.

I might not have been clear. I was talking about IOG not responding because they perceive that they have responded. Unless I am reading your post incorrectly, which would not be the first time. :)

JohnnyD

Yes, I took your post as responding to Jeannette... but i think my reply still works for OIG. OIG works for us and are obligated to respond, in some way, to tax payer request. Even a second time. IMO They know that Jeannette is building a legal case and if a suit is brought, they will look better if they at least appear responsive. And who knows, maybe someone on the CC list can see the logic of Jeanettes argument and actually respond in some positive way. Doubtful, I know.