• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

therapeutic phlebotomy, detox from blood donation ?

vortex

Has anyone had a detox reaction when blood is taken from you ?

I have had a lot of blood taken on many occasions from blood testing and I notice a
detox reaction and then I feel better after a while and the reaction clears, so it must be
pulling toxins out of my tissues and moving it into the blood.

I know that when I fly on a plane the cabin pressure is that of a 8,000 feet elevation
and that causes a migration of fluids from tissues deep in the body out into the blood stream
and it causes me to have a flareup. I think that when blood is taken, it can cause the same
fluid migration from tissue to blood stream and cause a flooding of toxins into the blood stream.
So even though I have a flareup I think it is therapeutic in the sense of getting toxins out of
my tissue, but not so great because they stay in my bloodstream wreaking havoc and I am
not sure how effectively my liver or kidneys excrete these.
But blood letting would excrete a portion of the toxins for sure.

my doctor is concerned about my high ferritin levels and prescribed therapeutic phlebotomy
that involves giving a pint of blood like you are donating it but they throw it away because
my blood is a biohazard and shouldnt be given to someone else like red cross donation.
I havent done it yet, but I think I may pursue it for detox purposes.

I know there is blood apheresis done where they purify the blood but it is expensive $2,000
to $4,000 in the US. and hard to find and often overwhelming, so maybe period blood letting would be
better for some.

I guess I am going to do this therapeutic phlebotomy thing to support my detox regime, but its amazing how simple in design of a detox procedure this is, I am used to taking all kinds of complicated supplements, binders, bentonite, charcoal, chlorella, doing IV chelations, doing sauna therapy for hours, doing liver flushes. benonite baths, etc etc. but here just doing some old fashioned blood letting seems to be so simple and effective it has really blown my mind how possibly under rated or under utilized it is.

anyone else using this technique ?