• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The usual caveat: Don't shoot the messenger. An article on Neuropsychiatry

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I skimmed the article. It does not address ME directly but it's not hard to imagine.
http://www.msmonographs.org/article...me=11;issue=1;spage=4;epage=15;aulast=Sachdev

Introduction: Neuropsychiatry has generally been regarded as a hybrid discipline that lies in the borderland between the disciplines of psychiatry and neurology. There is much debate on its current and future identity and status as a discipline.
Materials and Methods: Taking a historical perspective, the future of neuropsychiatry is placed within the context of recent developments in clinical neuroscience.
Results: The authors argue that with the maturation of the discipline, it must define its own identity that is not dependent entirely upon the parent disciplines. The requirements for this are the claiming of neuropsychiatric territory, a strong training agenda, an emphasis on treatments that are uniquely neuropsychiatric, and a bold embrace of new developments in clinical neuroscience.
Conclusion: The exponential growth in neuroscientific knowledge places neuropsychiatry in an excellent position to carve out a strong identity. It is imperative that the leaders of the discipline seize the moment.

It's written in benign font choice.