• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The 'secret' (= DWP and MRC) files at Kew….

eafw

Thanks for that link Charles. Vaguely knew about the Kew archives, but not that sucessful efforts had been made to release the info.

Looks like an interesting blog too.

Sidereal

From the long Behan paper (page 129):

We have used steroids (prednisolone 10-60 mg/day) in patients with such incapacitating weakness that they were in danger of losing their jobs but again, no benefit was seen. A two-month course of prednisolone 30 mg/day, with or without azathioprine 150 mg/day, was also tried in ten such cases but no change was seen in their condition. Indeed, the patients seemed to have more complaints at the end of the course than at the beginning.

I wonder what was redacted from the section at the top of page 7 on CBT? S40 is personal information.

wastwater

I saw a mention of ADEM and TM these are very much hit and run style immune encephalitis TM having a more muscular style presentation.