• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The quarter centenarians!

Kenny Banya

Shortly, I will become a part of an exclusive group known as the quarter centenarians.
Post in here if you're just as ace as me.

As for everyone else, be grateful for your CFS overlords.

alex3619

You mean sick longer than 25 years? There are lots of us. I wish it were an exclusive group, because with today's science most patients will join it in time. I hope that soon many will be leaving the club due to recovery ... the science is advancing fast.

This might be confused with the 25% group, who are the sickest patients. Its really sad that some might qualify for both groups.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I'm a quarter centenarian (30 years, 9 months), but not a member of the 25% group (thank Heavens!).

Daisymay

37 years in February.

It started with glandular fever (ie mono) then later that year another severe viral infection, the enterovirus Coxcaskie B3. Mind you, I had had bacillary dysentery some years previous to that whilst travelling abroad which had really pulled me down and I'm sure affected my microbiome.

My husband and one sister in law will also have had ME for 37 years this year.

In spite of being ill so long, I am still hopeful that there will be some treatments, maybe that is totally naive!?