• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Power Of The Nap

Sometimes when i'm just minding my own business, typing on my laptop, my body becomes weak and achy so I must lie down but when I do lie down for a while (10-20 minutes) I feel a bit more energized than I did before. Not even napping per say, just resting in bed with my eyes open helps.

*GG*

Good to hear, makes sense to me. If you check out the self help CFIDS website, I think they would suggest something like this, if not even more rest!

GG

Valentijn

That sounds like light-headedness, probably from neurally mediated hypotension. There's not enough oxygen getting to the brain, which causes the crappy feeling, then lying down improves circulation to the brain, making you feel better after a bit.

ukxmrv

Do you lie down horizontally during your nap? I find that this helps with blood flow. Even when sitting I try to keep my legs up on the sofa. I never feel energised but I can improve my limited physical functioning that way.