• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Optimum Health Clinic and its Treatment and Research

I think as lot of London ME patients feel your concern Keith. We all know someone who has been sucked into this "clinic" and if you go to a local group someone has been parted with their money.

Something they do well is to wrap some science into the psychobabble. They trawl around for whatever is new in the way of treatment and incorporate that in their literature. It gives a veneer of being about the physical treatment for ME but what they are about is psychological.

A while back I completed a questionnaire for them and it was all about stress, stress, stress and I mean psychological stressors leading to burnout. This may well suit some people who do have a lot of stress and aren't coping but anyone with ME knows that there is going to be a lot more going on.

Yes, the owner of the clinic did learn a lot about marketing from his uncle.
You say 'people with ME know there is a lot more going on' they state exactly that, they talk about the whe situation as a whole system with potentially many things wrong, stress- whether that be intense or mild can stop the body from healing... look up the relaxation response online. Even negative thoughts can trigger a PHYSICAL stress response which prevents recovery.

Johannes, if there were small things that PWME could do to dramatically improve things for our health we wouldn't be here talking about. This forum would simply not exist because it would not be needed.
Orrr... people sit there complaining on the forum and dont get out there and try everything, then try everything synergistically to truly support your body? And then actually do EVERYTHING synergistically for long enough, as long as it takes

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshire

Orrr... people sit there complaining on the forum and dont get out there and try everything, then try everything synergistically to truly support your body? And then actually do EVERYTHING synergistically for long enough, as long as it takes

1. So if we don't try a treament we can't comment about it?
According to this logic, only those who used leeches can say it's bullshit.

2. Implying those who didn't try everything synergistically don't want to support their body is just another version of "you don't really want to get better". We hear that too much in the real world.

That is nothing like a version of 'they dont want to get better' anyone with an average iq can understand that it doesnt mean that. But i guarantee people who sit on these forums saying they cant get better definitely haven't tried EVERYTHING SYNERGISTICALLY. Most people (including myself don't even know 100% of what can be tried) never mind actually doing it. No doubt i'll get some negative non-constructive response to this.

Last edited by a moderator: