• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Official "Help me I'm retarded" Methylation Thread

I give up. I've been reading for weeks, hours on end and do not completely understand what exactly I'm supposed to do for methylation and I suspect nobody else does either. Every time I think I understand I see a different "translation" of Freddds protocol or read something that Freddd posts which contradicts something he posted in another post. When I look around at other people talking about methylation it seems like every person is confused.

As for dosing methylfolate: am I not supposed to exceed 800 mcg a day unless I'm taking methylb12?? I'm asking this because Freddd is quoted saying:

"The 800mcg dose for a folate was all about protecting people from taking so much that it corrected the blood abnormalities in pernicious anemia without preventing the nerve damage because they feared people taking folate without b12"

the problem is if I take 800mcg split into four doses (haven't started MeB12 yet) I don't feel good. But if I up the dose to a total of 3.2mg (3,200 mcg) a day split into four doses I feel fine, BUT I'm not taking meb12. Is that safe?

ahmo

You might find the Methylation for /dummies link in my signature helpful. But that's about methylation in general, not about FP. There are 3 other links for F{ in my sig, from outline form to long compilation of Fred's comments. If you're feelink ok at the larger dose, it's probably ok. It seems that most of those who've had problems, here at least, have had those problems surface pretty quickly. Why aren't you taking the B12?

I'll do more reading in your links, not sure if I'll continue with this protocol though. thanks for your response