• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Nexavir/Kutapressin story: real or fake?

Dechi

The 4ME version of Nexavir you can buy prescription-free online here. €90 for 10 x 2 ml ampoules.

I can't say that I have come across anyone on this forum who noted a definite health improvement from taking 4ME / Nexavir / Kutapressin / Hepapressin / Biopressin, even though there are claims by ME/CFS doctors that it helps, and even a study showing that it helps. Here's what I put in the roadmap about Nexavir:

I tried 4ME myself for around 4 months, but it is hard to draw any conclusions from my own experience, because a several months prior to starting 4ME, I'd achieved some substantial improvements to my ME/CFS via some other treatments I had started, and those improvements were already there when I began 4ME. My best guess is that 4ME did not help me. However, I think my ME/CFS is more enterovirus driven, rather than the HHV-6 and EBV for which 4ME is antiviral.

@Hip I think my ME is also enterovirus driven. Nimotop has helped me a lot. What is helping you ?

Hip

What is helping you ?

My high dose selenium protocol seemed to help me a great deal. I was moderate ME/CFS but beginning to slip into the severe ME/CFS category. Now with the selenium, I am still moderate, but nudging up towards the mild category. If I stop taking selenium, I start to feel increased brain fog and fatigue return within 3 or 4 days, so I have not wanted to stop, and have taken this protocol continuously now for 4 years.

Last edited:

Hip

Nimotop has helped me a lot.

Can I ask, how long did it take for the positive effects of nimodipine (Nimotop) to kick in? I bought some of this drug a while ago, and took it for a few days in a row, but noticed nothing.

maple

I have just looked at this patent and it is dated 1993, which means it has expired. In addition, I think it was withdrawn in 1995. Also, the extraction procedure is extremely simple, so the sticking point in making it available may be regulatory compliance?

drob31

My high dose selenium protocol seemed to help me a great deal. I was moderate ME/CFS but beginning to slip into the severe ME/CFS category. Now with the selenium, I am still moderate, but nudging up towards the mild category. If I stop taking selenium, I start to feel increased brain fog and fatigue return within 3 or 4 days, so I have not wanted to stop, and have taken this protocol continuously now for 4 years.

I don't have ME but my CFS like symptoms behave the same lately but vitamin C is like my 'selenium'.

drob31

Ok, so just a quick update. I spoke to Roger again today and paid $200. I now have a 15 ML container of Nexavir cream to try. He said he would work with people and what they can afford, and that it takes about 2-4 weeks to notice anything.

drob31

OK I just got the nexavir cream in. Some say you need to stack it with valtrex or similar to get a decent effect.

drob31

I can take a screenshot if anyone wants to see. Roger wants me to help him establish a website for nexavir and work on lowering the price. He seems to oppose the idea of making an injectable, but maybe if enough people wanted it, he would do it.

drob31

Hip, this makes me think your thyroid is affected since selenium helps. I recall an article showing it helps with hashimotos.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Roger wants me to help him establish a website for nexavir and work on lowering the price. He seems to oppose the idea of making an injectable, but maybe if enough people wanted it, he would do it.
So his concerns are enough volume in orders for the creme? Is his opposition to the injectable purely economic?

drob31

So his concerns are enough volume in orders for the creme? Is his opposition to the injectable purely economic?

I think that is his concern. Honestly he's really open about everything. You could call him and ask him directly any question, and he'd give you an answer. In regards to the cost, it's ridiculously high. $400 a month is with a discount. He did note that if you get good results, that you don't have to use it indefinetly, but only for a few months.

He seems to be 100% convinced the cream works just as well. I see some people in this thread mentioning that they tried the cream and it either was just as good, or it was not. However, I can't seem to figure out who the supplier was for the cream that didn't work as well. Joe K noted in this thread that the cream works well for him, especially when he stacks with famciclovir. I don't know the answer to this yet. However it seems to me that this may be at least part of a protocol of bringing virus titers down. If you can't beat it, lower every single detectable virus titer?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
He did note that if you get good results, that you don't have to use it indefinetly, but only for a few months.
For me, that was not true of the injectable--I had to keep taking it to sustain the effect. Not sure he knows how it works on ME/CFS patients.
However it seems to me that this may be at least part of a protocol of bringing virus titers down.
Again, for me, Nexavir alone lowered my viral load. I didn't tolerate the oral anti-virals that I tried.

Sushi, I agree with having to take it. If I stop I go backwards after awhile.

I've taken both Nexco cream and the Nexavir injection. I'll agree with Roger that the cream works better. I don't know why.

Sancar

Sick of being sick ~
Ok, so just a quick update. I spoke to Roger again today and paid $200. I now have a 15 ML container of Nexavir cream to try. He said he would work with people and what they can afford, and that it takes about 2-4 weeks to notice anything.
@drob31 ~ Have you taken Nexivir cream before? I may have missed that point:| How much cream do apply and how often? You said that one jar is only 1/2 a month, correct? and 2-4 weeks to notice the effect, if any? I assume you ordered 2 jars if that's the case? Would you please let me know? Thank U! :fish:

Dechi

Can I ask, how long did it take for the positive effects of nimodipine (Nimotop) to kick in? I bought some of this drug a while ago, and took it for a few days in a row, but noticed nothing.

@Hip It took about 2 1/2 months. I have sensibility to meds, so I started with 1/8th of a pill and slowly increased to a full pill 2 months later. I went as high as 90 mg per day (45mg morning and pm) but went to to 30 mg, my maintenance dose.

Dechi

:fish::fish:

@Dechi~ Hi :) May I ask how long you have been taking Nimotop and for how long? Also you take it injectable right? Are you getting via a RX through a Dr? Thank U! :fish:

@Sancar I have been taking Nimotop for 9 months now. I take 30mg am and 30 mg pm in a pill form. I got a prescription from my doctor.

Twice I tried to stop but I can't. It protects me from crashes and levels out my energy. Even if I still don't have much of it, as least it's constant, not full of ups and downs.

drob31

Just to update everyone, I'm on my second half bottle of nexavir. I'm doing better energy wise, but I'm not sure if that is the MSM I just started taking or a combination of them both.

I'm only taking Vitamin C + MSM, Magnesium spray at night, and 2/3 dose nexavir transdermal.