• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Naviaux Protocol (Remove the Trigger / Refill the Tank / Flip the Switch)

Jesse2233

Looking at the patients who have recovered on drugs used in controlled trials, steps 2 and 3 don't seem to be necessary. Some recover completely on rituximab, ampligen, or interferon alpha. You might argue that the people that don't recover require step 2 and 3, but I doubt that. I think that the ones that fail on these treatments fail on step 1 alone.

Yes, though it seems any of the three in isolation can have a degree of positive effect as well

Jesse2233

The graphic below shows the rank order of metabolites and pathways that were changed by suramin at 6 weeks after treatment in children with autism during Naviaux's latest trial. It's interesting how many different pathways (including the microbiome and the Krebs cycle) were affected. Especially interesting are the increases in cis-aconitic and citric acid.

Obviously autism is different disease, but individualized metabolomic profiles such as these may give us future clues on how to "refill the tank"

upload_2017-5-28_16-56-7.png

compare this to Naviaux's 2016 CFS/ME landmark metabolomic study showing rank order of abnormal metabolites

upload_2017-5-28_16-55-15.png

-----------------

ETA: at the Invest in Me 12 Conference, Dr Ron Davis mentioned to one of the attendees that suramin makes sick cells in his impedance assay appear normal, but that supply of suramin is limited by Bayer.

Dr William Weir mentioned that he had access to a reserve of suramin he could lend to Dr Davis for further research

Last edited:

Jesse2233

One of the Suramin's modes actions Naviaux describes is inhibition of P2X7

This is interesting, from Dr Andrew Lloyd's longitudinal Dubbo studies... Seems he's been aware of P2X7. They found that P2X7 is more highly expressed in patients who go on to develop a post viral fatigue state, and its expression is linked to immunity. So perhaps the brain's over-response to a major infection by activating P2X7 never gets turned off, leaks ATP, and activate's Naviaux's cell danger response. Suramin may end up turning off this signal

I wonder if Dr Lloyd and Dr Naviaux are in touch.
The team also looked at neuro-behavioural genes (for example, those that affect levels of neurotransmitters) and reported promising results on one, snappily called P2X7.

P2X7 is a neuro-immune gene that has been linked with psychiatric and neurological disorders. It’s also very important immunologically, affecting, for example, recovery prospects from tuberculosis. And Lloyd’s groups has now found that it may play a role in fatigue.

A cell-surface receptor that appears on both white blood cells and on microglia, the brain’s immune cells, P2X7 helps regulate inflammation, playing a specific role in the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines, including our old friend IL-1 along with IL-18, which stimulates release of IFN-gamma from T-cells. When it’s activated, P2X7 also acts as a pore, allowing transport of the energy molecule, ATP, across the cell membrane.

Groggy Doggy

One of the Suramin's modes actions Naviaux describes is inhibition of P2X7

This is interesting, from Dr Andrew Lloyd's longitudinal Dubbo studies... Seems he's been aware of P2X7. They found that P2X7 is more highly expressed in patients who go on to develop a post viral fatigue state, and its expression is linked to immunity. So perhaps the brain's over-response to a major infection by activating P2X7 never gets turned off, leaks ATP, and activate's Naviaux's cell danger response. Suramin may end up turning off this signal

I wonder if Dr Lloyd and Dr Naviaux are in touch.
I hope that a subset of us ME peeps will be helped in the future with this line of thinking. Hoping RA peeps too.

Last edited:

knackers323

Lloyd is aware of this but still recommends cbt and get and suggests it will get you back to work in two years even though you explained youve tried both multiple times and it doesn't work. Smart guy

Groggy Doggy

Lloyd is aware of this but still recommends cbt and get and suggests it will get you back to work in two years even though you explained youve tried both multiple times and it doesn't work. Smart guy
That's too bad. Some people simply lack the skills and motivation to get their arms around ME. We need people who are highly driven that make the impossible possible.

I don't think we know enough to be tinkering with things we don't understand.
It could make the problem much worse, not that its not terrible already.
That is the exact attitude that will stop you from healing! Removing the CDR is actuallly how to heal from CFS... Ari Whitten (founder of the truly amazing 100% science backed system to overcome fatigue, CFS etc goes through all the research in the world- including cdr stuff and has a full comprehensive blueprint to beating fatigue/CFS.

@OfcourseYouCanRevover great, whats Ari's treatment involve?
Please bare in mind he has looked at every single study every done regarding health, energy, fatigue and CFS etc and developed a fully 100% science backed protocol (in the next 5-20 years it will probably be viral and mainstream imo)
Module 1: Remove triggers of the CDR.
1.1 Fixing sleep and Circadian Rhythm (there's 3 hours of content just on this to start)
1.2- remove triggers- He has come up with every possible trigger for the CDR (anything bad pretty much, ask for more details if you wish)

2- recharge and repair your Mitochondria
This is basic and extremely advanced nutrition for energy, mito healing and mito membrane repair.
2.3- light exposure (most humans are deficient in the spectrum of light the sun emits

3- heal and seal the gut.
Fix leaky gut then do an extreme 'kill phase' to fix dysbiosis/candida etc etc etc

4- fix liver and detox (all the REAL science in the world on detoxing) no psuedoscience bullshit.

5- Neuroscience- how to get the brain out of stress mode and therefore be in a healing state AND MORE.

6- Hormesis.

The course Is closed for registration temporarily but Is your budget good? If you have decent funding you probably want to get this to be honest. However some of the things he recommends arent exactly cheap but if your budget is decent then you should be good (he says you dont have to do everything if you cant afford it. Theres nothing like it in the world. All of the skeptical pessimists that think they cant get better have done NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to this protocol. *Remember, anybody else you get info from has 100% not looked at all of the research Ari has..*

Any questions feel free to ask.

@OfcourseYouCanRevover great, whats Ari's treatment involve?
Also, those people in the comments further up the thread talking about naviauxs research and hoping for a drug... we do not need a drug to get better. Those waiting for a drug reallt dont have the correct attitude to get better. Were you healthy before without drugs? Then you can obviously get healthy again. Ari has taken what he needs to from naviauxs research and many other researchers (he knows people dont need a drug)

gregh286

That is the exact attitude that will stop you from healing! Removing the CDR is actuallly how to heal from CFS... Ari Whitten (founder of the truly amazing 100% science backed system to overcome fatigue, CFS etc goes through all the research in the world- including cdr stuff and has a full comprehensive blueprint to beating fatigue/CFS.

90% of time people dont know what the trigger for CDR is. So how to remove it?
Of course we have attitude, we are prisoners in our own bodies and not taken seriously. We can react violently to different supplements and can make things much worse.

To exacerbate the problem, people confuse normal daily living fatigue with CFS.

One size does NOT fit all.

More snakeoil sales....

Last edited:
Of course we have attitude, we are prisoners in our own bodies and not taken seriously. We can react violently to different supplements and can make things much worse.

More snakeoil sales....
They are many many potential triggers for the CDR, it can only be something that is unhealthy for your body. Ari has named every possible trigger for the CDR (there's tens of them) and every possible trigger
For poor Mitochondria function and has detailed a comprehensive guide to correcting these issues with diet and lifestyle. Also he does not get fatigue mixed up with CFS. He has only looked at all the research in the world on fatigue, CFS. Its next level info. I've chosen my path and i will share my recovery story on this forum and on YouTube in 6-24months when im recovered, going to the gym 6days a week etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
He does

More snakeoil sales....

He does not say one size fits all and he does not attempt to specifically diagnose each persons trigger. He simply gets you to remove EVERY POSSIBLE TRIGGER IN THE WORLD. And many many many more things. This protocol is pretty much do everything. Its isnt about one size fits all.

More snakeoil sales....
Also, just to add even more info to my already valuable points. Im not saying the Energy Blueprint can get everyone to 100%. They be some other things people need to look into like an extreme virus sitation. Also working with someone on the psychology side who has an understanding of CFS is huge aswell. Emotional and spiritual healing can help people with recovery. Alongside doing all of the physical healing. (Physical healing may not be 100% of everyones puzzle)

More snakeoil sales....
Thought so.

gregh286

They are many many potential triggers for the CDR, it can only be something that is unhealthy for your body. Ari has named every possible trigger for the CDR (there's tens of them) and every possible trigger
For poor Mitochondria function and has detailed a comprehensive guide to correcting these issues with diet and lifestyle. Also he does not get fatigue mixed up with CFS. He has only looked at all the research in the world on fatigue, CFS. Its next level info. I've chosen my path and i will share my recovery story on this forum and on YouTube in 6-24months when im recovered, going to the gym 6days a week etc.

Thats incredible he.has identified every possible trigger.for CDR.
One born every minute.

Jesse2233

Would be great if Ari put together some case studies showing his results or a pilot trial.

What do you think it is about his background and protocol that makes it so effective?

Thats incredible he.has identified every possible trigger.for CDR.
One born every minute.
Every possible trigger..he just gets you to remove every possible thing that it could be. People like naviaux are looking for a drug to fix cfs, we dont need a drug to heal. Are we deficient in drugs? Did we need drugs to be healthy earlier in life? OBVIOUSLY NOT.