• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The 'mortal sins' of the Dutch ME researchers exposed

Countrygirl

https://corsius.wordpress.com/2018/03/28/desperate-scientists/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Desperate Scientists
e931bd4f508429b0226996a499b26539
loucorsius
11 uur ago

Dutch researches exposed for what they are

‘Science is not an opinion’ says Professor Elise van de Putte in the NRC of 26 March and ‘research must meet strict criteria’. Research must meet strict criteria indeed. We should be able to rely on that. But unfortunately, that trust is damaged in these studies that have to prove that the special form of cognitive behavioral therapy would lead to improvement or even recovery for patients with … For which patients exactly?

It is from scientific point of view a mortal sin that the definition of recovery is only determined after completion of the trial. However, this did happen during the FITNET study by Mrs Van de Putte (Ghatineh, Vink, 2017)(3).[/QUOTE

]In one study, they declare patients have been recovered, while in other studies they say, base don the same values, patients are sick enough to enter the study.
In recent days, Van de Putte, Van der Meer, Bleijenberg and Knoop have been publishing and have been amply cited in Dutch national newspapers. A desperate offensive has been started. Their scientific status and the survival of their therapy is at stake.

In the meantime, friends Renckens and Keuter join in, loudly in a shrieking tone and without any underpinning for their claim ME is not a real disease but a figment of the patients mind.