• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The IiME/UCL UK Rituximab Trial inital target has been reached

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Thanks again and I understand not being able to give out specific information. ( dates would be nice though :) )

Regarding the immunological side of the condition, I read in another thread you believe that may represent 60% of patients. Can you elaborate on how you came to that figure ?
Also, is there any attribute that can be linked to the immunological side of the condition ie specific symptoms, onset, duration, severity etc. ( From the phase 2 norwegian study there doesn't appear to be but just wondering if anyone has looked at or might look at this.)
For the non immunological side - is there any work on this to understand it better ? Are there two different diseases at play here ?
Thanks very much yet again!

The 60% figure comes from the Norwegian phase 2 trial response rate. So far it has been hard to relate this to any specific clinical features. There is a mass of work out there on all sorts of aspects but not so much in the way of replicated results. Probably the best thing is to browse through the back threads on papers that we have discussed on PR. That is the main way I have learned about the disease.

jimells

Probably the best thing is to browse through the back threads on papers that we have discussed on PR. That is the main way I have learned about the disease.

Just yesterday the CFSAC (CFS Advisory Committee) was speculating on how to educate physicians about the illness. They talked about professional societies, etc.

But no one mentioned Phoenix Rising - could be a good topic for a comment to the next meeting...

BurnA

I think the thing that should reassure people most is that we now have several high quality research groups in Europe, North America and Australia all trying to pin down the immunological side of the condition. What is particularly important is that they all want to share data and compare notes and feel confident that they are getting real answers.

Thankyou - that is very reassuring indeed !