• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Energy Disorders : Diabetes, ME/CFS and FMS

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
OK - not new research - just another of my speculative blogs - but I don't know where else to post it :

http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...ell-us-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-fibromyalgia/

Speculation aside - if you have symptoms of small fibre peripheral (poly)neuropathy its worth getting tested as you may have another underlying and treatable condition.

Plus Mass General Hospital are now offering objective testing for small fibre neuropathy to fibro patients :

“These findings, confirmed by other laboratories, are the first pathological abnormalities found in fibromyalgia patients. Until now fibromyalgia has been a label based on symptoms alone, meaning no possibility of treating the underlying causes. The new findings linking fibromyalgia to SFPN may make that possible since SFPN is caused by underlying medical conditions that can sometimes be identified and treated effectively.”