• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Big Forum Move: Why We Moved, What's Missing and New Features

Mark

I don't know how much more clearly I can say this:

Please post all your questions, problems and tips in the Technical Support forum.

I have moved all the following questions to new threads:

Bob: Is it possible to save or export private messages?
L'engle: Is Facebook Integration Optional?
SpecialK82: How Can I Change My User Title?
Sushi: Getting Logged Out After Clicking 'Keep Me Logged In'
Caledonia: How do you 'Go to first unread post'?
Denise: Where can I find information about trophies?
RustyJ: Flexile theme missing number of posts, award points etc
RustyJ: Number of posts does not appear below avatar
RustyJ: Suggestion: Use XenPorta for the Home Page
Calathea: Documentation about Private Groups
Hixxy: Can members use the wiki?

Regarding the further questions by hixxy and adreno above: Can you both please post those questions in the Technical Support forum?

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Andrew's right - Vbulletin came with features that Xenforo did not....we had to purchase quite a few items and then tie them together....Its the most complex thing Phoenix Rising has ever done and it basically went through a hitch....thanks to Adin's, Will's and Svet's planning and then Mark and Kina on the content/moderation side. It's been in progress so long I don't know how long its been but its been at least six months, probably longer. Thanks Andrew :)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Yes, please post all problems, issues in the Technical Support Forums. We made a bit of a mistake by not highlighting them in our initial notice but those Forums work REALLY well - the moderators have set up a way for you to tell immediately if your issue has been resolved or not. Its quite a setup. Congratulations to Mark and Kina for setting up such a sophisticated area.

Bob

Well, Phoenix Rising team, you've done a truly amazing job!

Here's an update of my experience after I've been using it for a couple of days:

I love the forum. It's better in so many ways, even though I was happy with nearly everything in the previous forum.

This forum is intuitive, smooth, easy to use, with a nice clear layout.

I've not had any issues or problems at all really.

I love some of the features, including being able to see who's 'liked' you, and 'conversations', and 'alerts'.

It gives it even more of a community feel when you can see who has appreciated your posts, via 'like'.

And it's got almost all of the features of the last forum, except backing up my private messages, but I'm sure I'll think of a work-around for that. But there's unlimited capacity anyway.

I love the way private messages (aka conversations) are forwarded as an email in an attracitive format. This also means we can make a back-up archive of our inbox in the form of emails.

I can't think of any negatives.

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate all the seriously hard work I know you've all put into it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just found some nice new smilies as well!

I probably haven't even discovered all the new features yet!

Bob

Love to hear that Bob :D:D:D:D

It makes it all...the worry, the work, the DRAMA! ;);) - all worthwhile

Thanks

Behind the scenes DRAMA? I find it hard to believe! You all seem to so cool, calm, collected and organised!
So that's just a front then?!? And behind the scenes it's chaos? hehehe... :D
Well, you've pulled it off very well. We'd never have known! ;)

;) :D :thumbsup: :)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
So that's just a front then?!? And behind the scenes it's chaos? hehehe... :D
Well, you've pulled it off very well. We'd never have known! ;)

;) :D :thumbsup: :)[/quote]

Oh my god..you have no idea.....:alien::alien:

We do well under pressure - we're known for that....right??? (ha!) ;);)

Andrew

I forgot to mention something. I like what you did with the color of the banner area. I've never seen that color on a Flexile theme, so I assume someone here picked it. What I like is it's close to the vBulletin color, which gives the forum a sense of continuity with the changeover. It also goes well with the Xenforo orange.

redo

I think the move was a very good idea. Thumbs up.

The new search makes it a whole lot easier to find stuff once written...