• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thanks to the NIH Conference Planning Committee

ixchelkali

I know that a lot of people involved with ME/CFS who don't post on this forum do read it. So this seems like a good place to post a thank you to the planners of this week's conference. It was a good line-up of speakers and good information. I'm hopeful that more good research will come of it. I'm sure it took a lot of work to organize it, so thank you.

And a special thank you to the patients on the planning committee. Thank you for representing us, thank you for using your limited energy, thank you for a job well done. And thanks to you, and the patients attending the conference who spoke extemporaneously, for your comments. Well done! You were our voices.

Sure, we patients can sometimes be a cranky bunch, but we can also be appreciative.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

LATE BREAKING NEWS: Tate Mitchell has just told me that she's set up a group thank you card to send to participants. If you'd like to sign, here's the link: http://www.groupcard.com/s/qqiDrkoCTPd

Rrrr

YES, YES, YES. thank you to all the patients who went and spoke! And to our rich van k, too!

taniaaust1

I'd like to say thanks to to those involved in organising the speakers etc. I couldnt watch it due to a dial up connection but from the live blogs on it.. sounds like it was great. So thanks

*GG*

Yes, thanks to all who helped put this together and participated. Now hopefully this helps advance our cause and research!

GG

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Very appreciative of all the effort put forth to bring this workshop to life. Thank you for such a wonderful panel of speakers!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
yes, thanks so much for all the effort to create a biomedical emphasis conference!

thanks for the live webcasting! (I didn't dare watch all of it due to my bandwidth restrictions, and couldn't anyway due to time difference and other obligations, but having that option was great; I felt included even though going to Bethesda was not an option at this point in time)

thanks to the speakers who could come: the researchers, the people from NIH and HHS, Raj from CDC, and our advocates

thanks to the medical attendees, health authority officials, reporters, and others, who came (or watched) to learn about this devastating disease and network with the other involved parties

and thanks to our friend Dr. Dennis Mangan, for believing in our disease and caring about us and pushing to make things happen!

frenchtulip

I just sent Dr. Dennis Mangan a note of appreciation for the meeting and for believing in ME/CFS.

Sing

Thanks, Tina, for the link and to everyone who added their feelings and signed. I hope that this card is distributed to those who presented at the conference, to show our appreciation and encouragement to them to work together towards effective treatments.

Yes, THANKS for getting this Workshop together, and with such a phenomenal line-up of speakers! I think it was a very important two days for the ME/CFS community.

frenchtulip

On Monday I received a response from Dr. Mangan for my note of appreciation. It is heartening to know that he personally read my email.