• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thank God we have all those dentists on our side!

IreneF

FYI most ME people respond *very* badly to the gas. I am one of them; it didn't agree with me even before ME.
It's nasty.

Did you ask for novocaine without epinephrine? I always do better with that, especially if I take homepathics.
Arnica for bruising, trauma, and swelling, and Ledum for the soreness from the needle injection site. Very helpful!
Yes, my dentist has the "no epi" in his records. He gave it to me by mistake once. We both just sat around, waiting for my heart to stop pounding. Deep breathing, etc. doesn't do squat.

@IreneF,
Thank you. I was thinking it was something to do with my keywords.
@Sushi
Thank you. There's so much going on in Phoenix Rising that I'm still deciding as to where to begin from!!

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Hello Members,

I am Suma, from India. Am the author of the article that has been discussed here. I know I'm a "little" late in seeing this forum, and I am not here to justify, just to clarify few things.
The research was done in 2010 and by the time it was published in 2012, I think many concepts had already changed!!

But that's not why I joined this group. I suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome since 6 years, and I mean "suffer" And I have TMD as a part of it. All the doctors I consulted for my TMJ pain never correlated it with all the other "non-specific" symptoms that I had. That's what prompted me in researching this topic, and in writing the article to urge all dentists to consider these diagnoses when diagnosing a person with TMD. Nevertheless, I would definitely say that if I had written the same article in 2014, I would not have used the word "psychosocial".
Hi, Suma

Would you mind telling us a little more about your change of mind? Why did it change and what do you now think?

Thanks

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Oops! Sorry, Suma

The exchange between you and Valentijn has just sunk in - it's been a hard day and my brain is sore.

NK17

I had lots of problems with anesthesia last time. And my mouth hurt for weeks.

If I ever get to see him again I'll ask for gas, or take some Klonopin.
IreneF have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor literate in Ehlers Danlos Syndrome or Joint Hypermobility Syndrome?

I don't mean to derail this thread, but if you read the med literature on EDS or just lurk on their forums, you'll find out that many people complain of TMD as well as having serious problems with anesthesia (in a dental setting).

IreneF

IreneF have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor literate in Ehlers Danlos Syndrome or Joint Hypermobility Syndrome?

I don't mean to derail this thread, but if you read the med literature on EDS or just lurk on their forums, you'll find out that many people complain of TMD as well as having serious problems with anesthesia (in a dental setting).
I've read about EDS and it doesn't seem to fit me, and my joints are anything but hypermobile. I have generally tight muscles.

People with red hair also have problems with anesthesia.